jameschalk549

Author James Chalk

James Chalk is the author of the critically acclaimed pulp, cyberpunk technothriller, "The Meat Market."

Primal Legacy (Spellbound Tales Book 1)

Primal Legacy (Spellbound Tales Book 1) - A. Payne, N.D. Taylor A Great Read!
I loved this novella! It took about three pages to get me hooked and then I couldn’t put it down. The characters are really likable and the authors do a fantastic job slowly revealing details about the intriguing backstory. The action is excellent and the romance is compelling to say the least. The authors have a way with descriptive prose that completely immerses you in the setting without dragging on or distracting from the fantastic, exciting plot. Clearly this novella fits in to a larger imagined universe conjured by these masterful authors for the readers’ entertainment. Also, clearly this is the first installment in what could be an epic tale about the Felipe character’s trials and travails. I can’t stop thinking about this beautiful story and the wondrous amazonian jungle it is set in. Butterflies play a symbolic role in the book and are featured on the cover, this is fitting because I feel like these authors have emerged from a chrysalis to spread their glorious multicolored wings and cary us to a different exciting land of the imagination. I will be reading everything this authoring team publishes! I only wish they would write faster.