jameschalk549

Author James Chalk

James Chalk is the author of the critically acclaimed pulp, cyberpunk technothriller, "The Meat Market."

Agency Rules - Never an Easy Day at the Office

Agency Rules - Never an Easy Day at the Office - Khalid Muhammad An Exceptional Spy Thriller!
This is a well written, compelling, and ultra-realistic view inside the violent world of a Pakistani intelligence officer. I loved that it is, for once, not written from the American or British perspective. Not only does the story stand on its own, the glimpse inside a different culture is fascinating and refreshing. The plot has political intrigue, action, and violence. Like all expert spy thrillers, this one keeps you guessing about where things will go next and how they will end up. The protagonist is a flawed hero who does many questionable things, but they are in defense of his true culture and community as well as his country. The author does a great job conveying the underlying motivations and heart of his protagonist. He quickly won me over and I became very invested in the character’s success or failure. I plan to read any future work by this author.